Monday, February 22, 2010

A College Song!


I've actually modified Taylor Swift's 'You belong with me' song as follows...
I love that song so much that I keep humming it in the class.
So one day when I got really irritated with one of our lecturers,
I sang this song and it's my co-bencher's favorite.
Here it goes...

You’re in the class
With a chalk piece
In your hand
You’re trying to tell us 
Something we wouldn't hear.
But you go on as if 
We do hear.

We’re in the class
It’s a difficult situation
We are listening to your lecture
With no idea 
What you were teaching
Just now.

But you are a genius; 
We are foolish
You are a lecturer
And we are students.
Dreaming about the day
When we would finally wake up
To our senses.

If you could make us grasp what you teach everyday
And if you teach the way we want you to teach
You’ll be so sweet.

Taking the notes
With our heart and soul miles away
I can’t help thinking but
This is how it shouldn’t be
Dreaming all the time
And telling ourselves
Hey! Isn’t this crazy?

And you’ve got a voice
That could make us all shut down
And we haven’t listened to you
For weeks on end
But we do know that you are better than that
Hey watcha doing to a class like us!

Teaching to our class
In the middle of the noon
You’re the one who makes us sleep
When you know we’re about to cry
We know your favourite words
And you tell us about our tests
Think I know where you belong
Think I know it’s with the beasts

Don’t you see that you’re the one who terrifies us
Been this way so long
Now, why don’t you see!
You are so mean.

You belong with the beasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment