Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Walk To Remember


A Walk To Remember ...Nicholas Sparks

The first thing that comes to our mind when we read the above phrase is...
A memorable walk of course!
But which memorable walk?
You'll get the answer once you read the book!
My friend in college gave me this movie saying that its an 'awesome' movie (Well...My pals use this word for every movie).
One fine evening I was all game for watching it. i didnt have any idea what the movie was all about but the title attracted me.
The opening of the movie... Freaky friends (bullies for sure) are making a guy a victim of peer pressure. 'Oh! What the hell? Some crap movie' was the thing that came to my mind immediately.
The movie began to move on...Well...It was slow but then 'Oh My God! I started falling in love with the movie.'
It's not a musical. The high school love story here was very unique.
A love story between Landon Carter(Shane West), the spoilt brat and Jamie Sullivan(Mandy Moore), the angelic daughter of the Minister of church. Jamie, the kind hearted girl's aura of goodness engulfs our hero Landon and he changes good without even knowing that he is changing.
Though the story is not a different one it is UNIQUE and it carves a niche for itself in our hearts.
As the curtains draw at the end with the song 'I'll always remember...' we are left teary eyed after watching a really 'beautiful' movie.
Yes! It's beautiful.
Shane West's expressions throughout the movie rocks especially when he expresses his heart in the climax as the lines go on like 'Our love is like the wind. I can't see it...But I can feel it.'
As the closing lines of the narrative is said, I'm left with a feeling in my heart actually 'a lump' which I dunno what it is!
And to my friend who gave me this movie, It's really an 'awesome' movie!
And the book... As the name of the author implies the narrative of the story 'Sparks'.


1 comment:

  1. Good one to start with . .Good template. Justify the text before posting. . :)Keep blogging

    - Nirmal

    ReplyDelete